It’s been a hot-minute since any of you have received trail updates from me. No worries, that is all going to change shortly!
What’s the sitch:
- I’m leaving Saturday, June 11th and will be taking Amtrak to Glacier National Park — arriving Monday morning, June 13th.
- I’m going to hitchhike up to tag the border on Chief Mountain Highway, where I then begin my hike South bound (SOBO)
- It’ll be 1,400 to 1,500 miles before I hit my foot path where I left off last year, giving me a continuous footpath from Mexico to Canada across the Continental Divide Trail
Expectations for readers at home:
- There’s gonna be snow and bears.
- My pack weight is going to be unfortunately miserable until I get out of the Bob Marshall Wilderness. Between bear deterrents and snow gear, stuff is weighty (haven’t had this much weight in my pack since 2014)
- It’s going to be slow-going the first week or two
- I’ll send GPS updates when I’m stopped for camping.
- Expect emails occasionally
- Pop-tarts will once again be a core part of my diet ;p
Emergency Contact Information:
- All relevant information, including expected schedule for resupplies, and emergency contact information can be found in the footer of the email.
- My GPS is largely off except for check-ins (so I will only see emergency messages, if there are any, once every 24 hours)
With love and trail excitement,